Sunday 1 October 2017

Today is all about you.



What a great topic on the Country View Crafts blog this month. Mixed Media with Autumnal Hues. 
So many possibilities here and something a little different for me.
Die cutting has never been my "Go To' style of crafting, but, I see many beautiful examples everywhere and feel urged to introduce it into my work.
I began by choosing a Die Set from Sara Davies' Signature collection, Autumn Morning, Foliage memories. It gives you a framework and also many flowers and leaves to add to it.
I also chose to use one of Tim Holtz papers as my background. It is from Wallflower paper stash.
I began by cutting out my framework from Black card and then used lots of autumnal colours and bookpaper to cut out some leaves and flowers.


I like the contrast between the image and the black frame.
I added my flowers and leaves around the image, also some little white mimosa type flowers to give a 3D effect and centred some of the flowers with a few assorted jewels.
I finished off with a few words from Tim Holtz Idea-ology Small Talk.

So, I can enjoy die cutting, and with these dies, it was a pleasure.


Thanks for looking and please pop over to the CVC blog for more Autumnal Inspiration.




12 comments:

  1. Love how you have framed your bird it gives a touch of vintage. I know exactly what you mean about die cutting but you have married both image with the cuts beautifully and by adding a pop of black really makes those die cuts take a step back blending it all perfectly. You may have me tempted to have a little go with this challenge.. Warm Hugs & Lazy Sundays Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you used that die, I had no idea how beautiful it would look! It makes a great frame and I need to investigate forthwith... Gorgeous card Hazel! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful piece Hazel and so good to see you trying something new - the diecuts look beautiful! That bird looks very familiar to me - you'll see him on one of my posts this week!!! Big hugs rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous project Hazel...I love die cutting..it's very addictive. You have made a frameable piece...lovely work x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful project Hazel - I love the pop of teh black against the autumnal hues! I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous Hazel, I looked at this die and loved it, but thought that I would't use it enough. What you've done is beautiful! Have a fun week, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous page (or card), Hazel!!! Lovely bird with beautiful autumn flowers!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful framing of that wonderful TH bird - this captures that sweet melancholy of this time of year so well.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card! The black framework, flowers and jewels look so pretty 😁. Wishing you a Happy October! J 😊

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful card, dear Hazel! That framework with all these lovely flowers looks amazing!
    Hugs Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  11. The answer to your question is Rubber Dance, Resting woman, available in the best craft shops... which of course includes Country View Crafts!!!

    ReplyDelete