Sunday 1 May 2016

Monoprint lovebirds

Tonight I read through the excellent post on the Paperartsy blog introducing Monoprints and promptly scuttled off to my craft room.
Its one hour later and I am blogging my make.

I already had a few gelli plate prints and found a toadstool one. It is printed onto heavy, shiny card and so I decided to scratch into it. Started scratching the colour from the top of the toadstools and then decided to create rain.
Thought about the Jofy mini beasts and caterpillar and found the lovebirds.

One thing sparked another thing and before I knew it, I had printed my birds and beasts onto previously painted mop ups. A quick scribble or two and a bit of writing and Bingo! My first entry to the new PA challenge.


7 comments:

  1. Oh! This is fabulous piece Hazel! Jofy's characters also hats and boots are so lovely. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, so cute! I love the little birdies in their wellies - they don't look so happy being in the rain!! A really lovely piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - one hour from inspiration to completion! I love your toadstool print (may have to track that stencil down to make Cestina happy), and the colourful mop-up bugs and birds are such fun!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fab Hazel, I love how you've reversed the colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely and cheery, hazel!

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous and fun!! Love the bright colours and great message!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun page! I didn't think about scratching, great technique idea.

    ReplyDelete