Monday, 28 March 2016

Modroc Hearts

Over on the Paperartsy blog at the moment is a topic that is slightly alien to me. Powertex is on the shelf but need a few bits to go with it before I, I decided to do a piece using Modroc.
This is also a new medium for me, but enjoyed the experience.

First, I cut a small piece of heavy card 6"x4", and used 2 layers of modroc , overlapping the edges. I wet it briefly in warm water and pressed it onto the card. I didn't smooth it too much as I like the weave texture.
I cut a small piece of modroc and covered a wooden heart shape.I  pressed some twine with bows into it while still wet.
When it was dry, I stamped Hearts from Emma Godfrey's EEG13, added a bit of dictionary, a little script and aged it with fresco Roast and Vintage photo distress ink.

Next, I melted beeswax and applied it to parts of the surface.....I remelted with my heat gun and pressed some flowery sequins into the surface.
I scratched into the surface and added more french Roast to emphasise the scratches.
To finish, I added a lacy "skirt" and created a rosette with a vintage shell button and assorted ribbon. 

Here is a close up showing some texture! 

I am thinking of making a wedding card similar to this for some lovely friends of mine. 
I am entering this into the Paperartsy challenge.

Monday, 14 March 2016

Art Doll

I had great fun tonight creating something a little different.
First of all, I spent hours cutting torsos, legs etc from magazines and putting them together, but it just wasn't

I finger painted a journal page using Bougainvillea, Bubblegum and Smoked Paprika....

Glued the face from a Lynne Perrella stamp.......and just messed about with Ellen Vargo's stamps to create a body!
It was partly how stupid catwalk models allow themselves to be dressed and partly how simple children's drawings are. 
I had fun and was quite pleased with the finished effort! Made me smile!

Am entering her into the PA challenge!

Thursday, 10 March 2016


On the Paperartsy blog this fortnight is the topic of Artdolls........I might have stretched the boundaries a little, but felt that this was a good time to bring to life my calico rabbit, and combine her with the new and fabulous stamps by Lin Brown.

I began by painting my large rabbit with Fresco paint in vanilla and then gave her 2 coats of Multi Matte Medium to seal her and allow me to stamp onto her surface.

Next, I used 2 of Lins new leaf stamps and, with green archival ink, covered her legs, body and face with patterns. I "tattooed" some sentiments onto her arms and painted the pads under her feet with Hey Pesto and stamped and painted Lin's daisy stamp.

I created a pinafore dress for her by brayering fresco paints onto a cotton fabric, and stencilling paint through one of Lin's new stencils. I stamped a sentiment onto tissue paper and glued that to her pinafore top.

I created a daisy chain by stamping the daisies onto shrink plastic, painting the backs, heating and threading onto some silver cord. Always make sure that you make holes in the plastic before you shrink it, because the plastic is too tough and brittle to cut into afterwards.

I made a woolly pom pom tail and braided a ponytail for Daisy. I wired the ponytail up and stitched them to each end of her!

So, here is Daisy, in all her glory, playing out in my garden! 

You can see her over on the Paperartsy blog and also lots of fabulous Art Dolls.