Thursday 3 September 2015

Numbers

Love the new topic over at Countryview Crafts and lots of varied inspiration from their designers!

I immediately started to piece together a few elements in my head.....3D numbers, plumbers tape and Grunge Paste sprung to mind.
This piece grew all by itself with a little help from me!

I started by Grunge Pasting through a TH stencil. Next, I wanted to apply the Wrinkle Free Distress Technique but couldn't press my large journal onto my craft mat. So, I sprayed some distress stains onto a small mat and pressed it onto my page! Quite pleased with the results.


Next, I added some 3D letters and fastened a strip of plumbers tape over them! I pressed them down with a ball tool and added some PA Treasure Gold in Onyxite and Sapphire.
I stamped a new PA Hot Pick, attacked it with the tiny attacher, PA letter stamps and added some Salvage Sticker numbers and a nameplate and "Voila".....here was my finished piece.
The wording pays reference to my rubbish head for numbers!
I am entering this into the CVC challenge.



8 comments:

  1. Brilliant page, Hazel - very clever with the reverse mat inking! Love the colours and the foil number strip is fabulous. Thanks so much for playing along at Country View Challenges.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment! And techniques-wise you'll be fine - just hop on over to Tim's and it's all there for you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow love this Hazel, top shelf! It is full of fantastic elements and the design is wonderful. You clever girl. Hugs Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry Hazel I got so carried away I forgot to say Thank you for playing along with us at Country View Crafts, hugs Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another brilliant page Hazel! I love your adapted wrinkle free background and the colours are wonderful.... right up my street although I can rarely make them work myself!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely fantastic ! hazel Love the real contemporary artsy feel with a touch of vintage . Congrats on Your DT Member's Special Mention at CVC - very worthy x

    ReplyDelete