Thursday 17 September 2015

Brusho arrows

This afternoon I have been having a little play with my Brushos having been inspired by the fab post by Sam Butler!

I am in the process of creating a mini album/journal for the month of September. This is my third page with todays experiment!
I started by gessoing my page and then applying grungepaste through an arrows stencil.
Next, I sprinkled light and dark brown brusho and sprayed it! I dabbed and repeated until I was happy with the results!
I drew around the shapes with Black stabilo pencil and wet the lines and added a little white doodling! I stamped the word go a few times in black archival. Finally, I applied White Fire Treasure Gold to the arrows.
So, a quick play with brusho in my little book.

I think that it looks a little industrial.
I am entering this into the PA challenge.

10 comments:

  1. it does look very metallic as Chris said. I like it, Hazel!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the depth of shading you have achieved, really pops x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning arrows page Hazel! I love the brown Brusho colours result and Treasure Gold finish. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh wow Hazel this looks fabulous, I agree very industrial, but very grungy too - love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, it's great - I love the rich autumnal colours, and I'm very impressed with your handling of the Brusho pigments - I have been having a dreadful time with them, they just seem to go everywhere, including the table, the floor, my clothing etc etc!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes industrial, Steampunk-ish, grungy... but nice! Love the mix of paste and Brushos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very grungy and love how 3D it looks xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a brilliant, grungy, textural look - these are so cool, Hazel!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete