Friday 14 August 2015

Paua Shell Effect

Lots of us were fascinated by the technique that Lin Brown demonstrated on the Paperartsy blog on Wednesday night! Much twittering and experimenting has been happening.
Here is one of mine!

I started by following Lin's instructions using Heavy Gel and tried it on Wax paper, a brown deli bag, some metallic film and a white deli bag.

My best result was the brown deli bag.
I used the whole bag and it fits perfectly into my large journal.
I added my new HotPick stamp in brown archival and clear heat embossed. Also stamped with brown archival onto some Kraftcard and cut out the flower and butterflies.
I rubbed some Treasure Gold, Onyxite onto the gel and around the outside of the bag.

The hardest bit was photographing it to do it justice.
Thanks Lin for your fabulous playing!






7 comments:

  1. I agree about trying to photograph it Hazel, nightmare isn't it but you did a great job, love your background, it worked out really well xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. not sure what I'll be improvising with, when I have a go - but I love what you've done Hazel!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab stuff Hazel! Lovely technique isn't it but I agree about the photos too. Your second shot does show it off well though and your background is super. I think that's going to be one of my stamp set choices for Donny ;-).

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning page Hazel! Really lovely technique, your page is fantastic too!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stunning Hazel! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow it's gorgeous... I missed the tutorial, but will be sure to check it out.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hazel this is such a gorgeous bag, love the colours x

    ReplyDelete