Monday 6 July 2015

Samples for Emma Godfrey

I was very honoured and flattered to be asked by Emma to produce samples for her new stamp launch!
Didn't really get why a neat and tidy crafter wanted to ask Mrs Messy to produce stuff!

Anyway, I actually planned out some ideas and made a few prototypes! Never normally do this but felt that it was a big responsibility!
Her stamps are Travel themed and her colour palette is Lake Wanaka, Space Cadet, Stone, Taupe and French Roast.

I began with a small notebook which I created by painting onto canvas.
I padded it out with wadding and lined it with cotton.


I stitched some pages inside and stamped a few titles onto the first few pages to make it a travel notebook.


My second piece was a tag. I ironed some calico onto vilene and attached it to the tag, fringing the bottom part. I painted wave shapes as a background; used Emma's stamps en masse as a second layer;  some frayed hessian, and used the paints to dye some seam binding and attached a photo from my recent holiday.


My third sample is a photo pocket. I used a piece of cream, ribbed card and scored and folded it into 3 sections. I ran a gold leafing pen around all the edges of the card and around 2 tags. I printed with Emma's words onto the end panel using archival ink and stencilled with one of Emma's stencils as a background.
I used 2 more holiday pics on the tags and tucked them into pockets.


The backs of the tags are ready for holiday notes.


The left hand side is secured with magnets and opens up to reveal more space for holiday memories.


My final piece is a "postcard". I cut a piece of Paperartsy Smoothy Heavy Cardstock and created drippage in 2 directions. I used the spaces to stamp with Emma's travel words and finished it off with a holiday pic of my Grandchildren. I have a TH Postcard stamp which often comes in handy.
This was my simplest piece but my favourite.


I have really enjoyed playing with Emma's stamps, they are very inspiring.....and I have never washed my hands so many times in my whole life!

You can see Emma's stamps and her interpretation of them over on the Paperartsy blog.



Whoops, learning how to attach things and ended up with 2.....?


6 comments:

  1. Fabulous, stunning work Hazel...and yes the last one is my favourite too. Beautiful. Congratulations on a successful mission as a wingman! Ruth xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Hazel!! Beautiful works and amazing pieces, great captured well the Emma's stamp images, and lovely photos too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Hazel! See Emma knew full well what she was doing as your samples are fabulous! I love the postcard too (adorable pic) but I love the travel notebook as well.....actually, I love them all for different reasons so congratulations you showcased the stamps beautifully!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love your samples, hazel, and in particular the padded book,

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really lovely and such creative use of Emma's stamps. You so capture the holiday mood and you have employed some great techniques - I love the drips! The little holiday book you made is a gem, so pretty and beautifully made. I love your work, Hazel. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous samples, Hazel - you've really done Emma proud, and the stamps look amazing. Love that little book.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete