Friday 26 December 2014

Alison's Cheesecloth.

Boxing day and have found time to have a play this evening. Alison Bomber's textural project has been calling me for some time so I had a play.
I already had something printed out from a previous challenge of Liesbeths' and used this as my base.

I tore the stamped image into pieces and inked the edges to age it. Next I scraped grungepaste thickly onto my page and embedded the images into it.
I distressed my cheesecloth by slashing it and arranged it over my images, adding more Grungepaste.
I also Pressed Grungepaste through a stencil onto the cheesecloth which gave a pleasing finish.
Next I added aged manuscript paper and bits of stained lace.
I pressed Distress ink through a script stencil around the edges and sprayed some of it with Mica Sprays.
I added a sort of bow that was just hanging around and some hardware and then rubbed various colours of Treasure Gold into the surfaces.
Here is a detail of the Grungepaste through a stencil and Highlighted with Treasure Gold.


As usual, knowing when to stop was a problem as the fumes from the TG took hold.
I thoroughly enjoyed this textural experience and will play again in this style! Thanks so much Alison, your work is outstanding!

12 comments:

  1. wow this looks fab!! glad you've had time to play today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I loved Alison's cheesecloth journal page too and am hoping to have a go myself. I love your take on it, all that texture and TG looks stunning! Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  3. STUNNING Hazel, glorious page, loving the textures and the smell of the TG lol:-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh this looks amazing, a real work of art! You clever lady,

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Completely beautiful, Hazel. I love that you were able to incorporate some leftovers, and the colours are gorgeous. Fab work with the stencil and the TG too... all that gilded texture looks amazing. So happy you were inspired to play along, and thaks so much for your lovely words.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Hazel, this is superb! There is something so mysterious and beautiful about it. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful work Hazel! Lovely the images for glimpses from between the clothes.
    Also nice the subdued colours scheme xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love how you embedded the LPC stamp, and the cheesecloth thing has grabbed lots of attention this month! Looks fab Hazel. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hazel,
    Wowzers, this is stunning I love all the hardware you included and the way you framed everything. That treasure gold is amazing.

    ReplyDelete