Thursday 3 April 2014

Hexagon Frameworks

I recently bought a Tim Holtz Die Frameworks. Really like hexagons and how clever they are. I knew that there would be endless possibilities for playing.
For my first attempt I cut my shapes from a Prima collection of papers called Romance Novel.
I brayered a subtle background using Fresco Rose, Toad Hall and Space Cadet and used the same to stipple through a stencil.
Next I arranged my shapes on the page, glued down and added a little more stencilling.
I added one extra glitzy pink hexagon for a bit of impact.
Finally, I doodled and wrote a message in black pen and added some white.

When Sam saw my work on Twitter, she gave me a link to a video of Tim demonstrating frameworks. This gave me lots of extra ideas so here is my second attempt.

I cut out this time from Tim Holtz Ideology Lost and Found papers and then cut out loads of hexagons from small scraps of card of varying colours and textures.
For my background I tore some dictionary pages, stippled through my hexagon stencil with Golden Monarch Silks and sprayed Perfect Pearls Mists blue patina. I cut my hexagon framework up and arranged it with my cut outs. I added extra hexagons of black shiny card, gold linen card and a silver one. I selected one of the images to highlight with a hessian frame and jewels.
Finally I wrote something that seemed appropriate and scribbled around the edge.
So, there they are, two different interpretations and the start of many more to come.


4 comments:

  1. Great to have a new die to play with Hazel! Loving your first project with all the white space, it's beautiful:-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful pages Hazel, I love how you used the negative space as well on the first page.

    ReplyDelete