Sunday 12 January 2014

Helen Chilton's Hot Picks!

Loving the inspiration from Helen's latest challenge.
I hadn't seen the technique of lifting off waterlcolour with a baby wipe before. There should probably be a book entitled 100 ways with baby wipes!

I haven't got any portfolio pastels yet so I had a scribble with Inktense pencils. Played for ages with different colours and ended up going back to my first practise piece.
I only scribbled in the middle and dragged the colour through the leaf stencil out to the edges of the paper.

I then stamped in black archival using Hot Picks 1205 and the ink blot stamp as a surround. think that the ink blot will become my signature stamp.
Finally I went around the edge with Black Soot distress ink.
Thanks Helen for a fab idea.

7 comments:

  1. Great work, Hazel! I love your interpretation of this technique! I must break open the baby wipes and try Helen's technique some time! Julie Ann xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Inktense Pencils, the colours are so vibrant & playful!

    Fantastic card Hazel, ink splats are my go to stamps for backgrounds as well as cup stains. Your background is stunning :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really nice, i love that you tried the technique with your inktense, it worked perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant colours bright and fun. I love this technique and the black round the edge really brings it all together xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your bright colours. Don't know inktense but seemed to work well with the baby wipe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooo they worked well with the Inktense pencils didn't they, great choice of stencil and fitting images, the whole piece looks great and works well together

    Sam zz

    ReplyDelete