Thursday 2 January 2014

Celebrate !

Yesterday morning I found inspiration from Jacqui Chimes blog.
The theme was celebrate and was a multi medium canvas featuring a Julie Nutting doll stamp.
I decided to have a go at celebrate and my Dyan silhouette stencils sprung to mind.
I started by dribbling fresco paint onto my page and then washing over with a large brush and water. getting very reckless lately.
Next I stippled fresco paint through the stencils. I really liked it at this stage.

I then got flower stencils and pushed gel medium through them in the corners to create a 3D element and spray areas with Dylusions, bubblegum pink and orange. Drew round girl stencils onto Tim Holtz music tissue and cut out, and ATTEMPTED to print an Indigoblu sentiment stamp through a girl stencil. 
but I didn't get the word straight and that is why there is a girl all painted in snowflake fresco, to cover the mess.
So I handwrote the sentiment all around the silhouettes and finally stamped the word celebrate.
Different but not totally happy but as they say, it was a journey!!
Thanks for dropping by.

4 comments:

  1. Great colours, looks like you had fun:-) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to see this in more detail! I really like the black flowers round the edges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my WOW - this is VERY pink!!!! Fab layout though

    Sam xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really like to celebrate stamps, colours fab x

    ReplyDelete